Saturday, October 28, 2006

Half Cooked Lobsters and Bioluminescent Mushrooms

I was rooting around online today looking for interesting tidbits of fun stuff and found a couple articles that just made me happy.


Lobster Caught "Half Cooked" in Maine


This lobster was live caught by a Maine lobsterman. I have never seen a live redish colored lobster ever and was just amazed. Unfortunately, their not going to cook this one so we can't find out how a genetic oddball lobster tastes.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060720-lobster-photo.html


New Glowing Mushrooms Found in Brazil

Glowing mushrooms in the rainforest. How can you not eat these. I mean...come on! What happens if I eat them and I glow! That'd be awesome. My only question is how exactly has no one discovered these yet? They freaking glow in the dark!

and remember kids....
All mushrooms are edible, but some...only once.


http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/10/061026-fungi-glow.html


Tybo is a steller bread baker...
-steph

2 comments:

Heather said...

You have enough freetime to bake bread and look for interesting tidbits?:)

North Mainer said...

Well, the interesting tidbits were interesting during class...and the bread was a pre-emptive activity to studying. So there :)